Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bukit Batu Bujang Pahang.

I am now watching Yi san (baru pinjam). I know i shouldn't since i have a morning class esok. But hmmm i really want to watch bah ever since a few weeks ago but its already in its fourth volume and one volume set cost so much.

Just a short one. There's a lot to talk about but i'm really exhausted. After a day of our BI1115 class's fieldtrip to Batu marang mangroves, i went to another jungle trekking trip organised by PITA (my village's persatuan) with the family. Its been a while since such trip, and i have not been joining them in recent times even if there were any. In short, we gathered at the gerai near my house at 7+ am, went to Pintu Malim tambing and got on a boat which took us to Kg Menunggol on the other side. The tide was low so we could see all the a lot of little crustaceans. At kg menunggol, two very old bus were waiting for us (yes there's a lot of us. i mean the usual people who always follow trip)

So we hiked the bukit bujang pahang and it was quite high and tiring. There were alot of things to see like the batu bujang pahang and the lubang arang (a tunnel dugged by rebels during the rebellion times), a cave and batu betingkat. I only saw the batu bujang pahang because it was slippery so i didn't dare to go and see the cave. And the rest (batu betingkat and lubang arang), only a few went because the guide said its too dangerous.

And the people in my village are originally kedayan and for them being kedayan means the forest is close to their hearts. Its like a home so for those who couldn't hike as fast (like me) they'd joked "inda pure kedayan ne" or "anak kedayan apa ne" haha. But yeah i almost slip a lot of times as usual. I know my size 6 feet cannot support my huge thighs and heavy upper body so i think i really need to lose weight. Maybe not so much just as long as my small feet can support my heavy body. =/

It was fun joining them because most people who joined were the veterans so they kind of walked into the forest and watch the trees and blurt out the names of the trees around (and i am still trying to figure out HOW to identify things like how they and the bio lecturers identify species). They were noisy so that makes it even more fun. After that we did a little tour around the place and headed home. It only rained when we reached the parking lot at pintu malim.

I heard the persatuan's next trip would be to Gua Niah ( i think). I want to join, i've never been to niah. but hmmm its during the holidays though in may. But i have no idea when the Field ecology is. If its during the field ecology trip than i can't join tu =(

bah malam. Salam. ITS TUESDAY! and my day is full. to someone, ask buzz about it. I didn't talk much i only listened msa 'date' kami ah =p.

0 comments: