Saturday, March 7, 2009

Intention matters.

I planned to go to UBD to search for more materials for LC1512 in the after noon but instead i woke up at 3+ pm and thought "god, i wake up late again today", completely forgotten that the rest and i went to CDC again this morning to volunteer. CDC is Child Development Centre by the way. I'll post about this later again since guests would be arriving soon. And this afternoon sudah i sibuk sekajap tadi jadi bini-bini, ofcourse, i paksa sibuk jadi bini bini again tonight.

I want to post about something you should know of. Yesterday i found this on the net. Don't ask how i stumbled across the site, we are part of humanitarian group so... i like to look around lah.

here is a question someone posted:

I found out the child I am sponsoring is muslim. I Don't know what to do.?

I decided to sponsor a needy child thru Children Int'l. I wanted to since I was 18 & finally decided to hop on the internet & sponsor a child. I wanted an indian child. When you search you can see the child's first name. I skipped over the children with muslim first names (Mohammad, etc) Not only because I don't support muslims, but also because I wanted a hindu child, whose culture & religion facinates me. Anyway, I picked a child with a first name that I thought was hindu. They sent me his information & I found out he's muslim. (last name is Ahmed). Ouch.So now I feel like a heel if I disconnect from the sponsorship. I want to help a child. But I wanted him to be hindu, but def not muslim.....

The issue is not just that terrorists are muslim. It is also that muslim communities teach their children that women are worthless and in many cases not even given to opportunity to go to school. Wives are hidden are treated subservient. Many are killed through no fault of there own. It's a disgrace

Full Article can be found here.


...

I WAS SHOCKED. And deeply saddened by this fact. NOT because i am a muslim too but because this shows just how low people can be. This shows obvious and public discrimination. I do understand that some people have different perspective of religion and perhaps the 9/11 did quite an impact on Islam. And you and i, we all desireworld peace don't we? But how can we achieve this, when religion and race becomes a barrier to helping each other? Not all muslims are bad. Not all are good. Just like not all christians are bad. But not all are saint either no? Not all jewish are bad. But some had killed a lot of palestinians civilians. See? We all are in a balance here? Why should we see it as a religion vs another religion? Why not good vs bad?

Its funny how we all act this way when we are son and daughters of Adam and Eve.

We all have different beliefs but why should that stop you from helping the ones in need? Quite a few mentioned to me last time regarding the Palestinians donation drive. They said, jangantah dulu tolong orang lain, tolong orang Brunei dulu (the flood and landslide victims) When we have the ability to help our own people AND others, why not? Bruneians have been very generous in giving monetary aids. But can i ask, do you donate just because everyone else is doing so? Or you really want to help?

When your intention is purely to help, why does it matter who you help?

Intentions matters

Atiqah Rad.

Think about it. I shall post about CDC maybe later. Haha function's just started. And my cat is so kesian. One is gone. The other is lonely =( i feel sad. Salam

0 comments: