Friday, October 23, 2009

We fear what we don't know.

One of the other reasons why i respect Dan Brown and Paolo Coelho, both integrate spiritual knowledge in their books, without forgetting to respect other religion. Read The Lost Symbol and you'll see what i mean. Somehow, we seem to be reminded about our own Lost symbol. Yes. I finished it =p

I'll be volunteering again with Fen today at the Asean Food Conference. I find it somehow interesting that all these professionals (who are atleast at masters degree level) gather and talked about food safety and how to increase food yield. Its somehow the science part of supporting global sustanaibility and hence, the MDG goal of reducing hunger by half, may actually be achieved!

We had lizard dissection last time which i know i have done terribly but since Dr C said it was better than the last one, so i guess, that'll do. I was nervous, duuh, i had a immense fear of lizard. But on the way to the lab early in the morning, i remembered what they taught us in lestari, We fear what we don't know. And so i told my self just that. The lizard is a creature, with somehow bautiful internal organs, but we just don't know. So i think, i have come face to face (almost kissed it because i was too focused on tracing the veins and arteries) with my fear. Ofcourse, at first we used latex gloves, we sorta lose that since drawing while wearing gloves is difficult. Next dissection, Rat.

My aim this semester is to start atleast reading something for the exam, One month before the exam. It is ambitious but with the terrible work i have done for my coursework, its the only thing sane to do. So please help me remind me this.


Lastly, 25cents can feed a child, and that is lesss than a cup of coffee. So feed a child. go to..

Donate to feed the hungry

Ps- Oh and the donation to Phillipines victim fund and Indonesia earthquake was opened, few weeks ago. Please do donate.And remember the unfortunate.

Salam. With Love. Atiqah Rad.

0 comments: