Sunday, January 3, 2010

I had my fun now its time to commit.

So it starts. The ASEM workshop on Climate Change. I hope these 10 days are fun and not too stressful. I think its natural to be intimidated when your cup aren't as full as theirs, when they are masters student who have gone through the things we are about to go through. Hmm. I'm not great or charming or even intelligent, that's what i am worried about. And what i like to read aren't usually Biology but my very small collection of books i do read, are that of history. I find them precious though because i know not many own the collection i do (even if its small).

As an addition, i brought Tales of old Peking by Derek Sandhaus for 400000++ rupiah (about BND60 plus). The book is a collection of excerpts about old Peking and pictures, and mostly about how the westerners felt old Peking was. Although mostly its quite insulting but hey its still nice to know what one felt about other cultures. I bought Early kingdoms of Indonesia and Malay archipelago too. I think its time i recall what has been learnt as basic in Primary and lower secondary. In the process, you get to learn about Brunei too (just like when we had MIB lessons, it was interesting. But then while walking at Alun-alun store in Grand Indonesia Mall, i found the Srivijaya and Majapahit books with more than half the price in Kinokouniya. Ofcourse, its in Indonesian.

I like learning new things, culture or what ever. I guess... i'll survive these 10 days.And when the results are out (which i expect that it will be damn disappointing), a miracle will happen, everything turns out to be fine and there is no failure.

I'll be staying at Rizqun for the first 5 days and will be going to Kuala Belalong field studies centre for another 5 days (and i am NOT fit huhuh i hope i am after all those loke walk to ratu boko and all ) The delegates from other countries have started arriving last night and more to come today. My supposed roommate (the girl from Latvia) has problems with her passport and hence, she could not make it. Meaning i have the room to my self. NOT. The volunteers will be there, i'm sure of it =p

Here's one of the photos while in Jogja:



Salam. I will be missing 4 days of school too btw. So see you. Loves T.


I sort of miss one place.

0 comments: