Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ignorance.

No matter how far those ancestry are, you're still connected to them right, through daily routines or languages. You know, it just feels a little saddening that you are losing your touch with your roots. I kinda feel this way. i feel its too bad that i don't really understand the language my father speak in his family's side. Hmm. This year i am 20 and half of my life is officially spent mostly around my maternal family side who speaks in a different colour. This is how we forget our roots. First, we just resort to understanding the culture but not practising. Then slowly it diminishes. The pride that was brought and the language that was spoken by your grandparents began to slowly silence itself from your surrounding. Its a problem we often neglect in society you know and it happens to us but often, we turn a blind eye to it. Sometimes when i listen to people talking in that dialect, or having that accent, it kinda remind me of my grandmother a lot. Maybe i just miss being around them.


Cheers. And salam.

0 comments: